The "Cold"


Book Group meeting at my house last night. I always freak out about inviting people over and then it's always really fun. So I'm having some cognitive dissonance in that department.  Anyway, 9 people from Artful School came over and several others read the book but couldn't make it for the live chat.  Opening Minds is a great book and our discussion covered a lot of rich topics, from the importance of avoiding fixed trait language, to how to help kiddos have relevant conversations, to how we help kids learn about how brains work.  The truth of the matter is this:  I work with fab, fun, just plain interesting peeps.  The only problem with the book chat was this:  I had a little bit too much fun and overslept and missed an interview I was supposed to attend at 9. It's really Husbandman's fault because he wakes up every day at 6 and then brings me a cup of coffee, but last night he took some cold medication because of his "cold" and so he slept in, thus letting me down. Thanks, a lot, Husbandman.  Way to make me look bad at my job.

Comments

mm said…
I'm going to guess you rarely (if ever) look bad at your job.

Sorry about the cold, I've been trying Benadryl, but tonight I broke down and bought Advil Cold and Sinus:(
Anonymous said…
Love that book and Peter Johnston. If you guys create a cheat sheet, could I have a copy?
I'm certain you will have many chances to make up for missing the interview. No doubt in my mind.
jw
KC said…
Should I read the book? I always have the same thing about having people, but I'm getting over it. It's more fun to skip the freaking out and go right to the fun. I generally just give myself a cognitive pill like this: "It doesn't have to be a perfect party. It just has to be an okay way to spend an evening."

Bummer about the interview, but I'm better the peeps got over it.
LH said…
Yeah, you should read it. (If you want). It's really good.

I've had 2 summer soirees this summer and both were so fun. But at both I had too much fun and had to kind of write off the next day, so that's a bit of a problem.

Still, I can work on that later.

Popular Posts