The "Auditorium"


#1 Son's been at jazz camp all week in one of our southern states.  The camp ends with each combo playing something they've worked on. So I'm there early, sitting and anticipating the happiness.  Some people come on stage and play and I'm getting ready to videotape #1 son.  Suddenly,  I get a call from #1 son.  He's done playing and wondering where I am. That's when I figure out that I'm in the wrong auditorium.   #1 son said it didn't matter, but I felt like a giant overgrown loser.  I'm getting over it, but honestly, I'm still irked.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Bleh. Hate that for you. Did #1have a good week though? When will this horrid heat ever end?
N
LH said…
He did have a good week. I did get to meet David Baker, which was a thrill. He was v. complimentary about #1.

Horrid heat I think has gotten into my psyche. I think I'm a wimp when it comes to heat. The heat has got me beat.
Anonymous said…
Omgosh. That's so sad. I'm sorry! That is way cool though that db was complimentary about Quinno.
One time I had a lot of interactions w db and his wife. I picked up a dog from one of his aunts in Indy. His other aunt, the dogs owner, had passed away. So I fostered this beautiful dog for a few months until I found her a new owner. They came over to visit the dog at my house. The bakers were sweet and so was the dog.

Maroon bells were stunning...just stunning.

The heat is oppressive.
Hang in there.
Jw
jdoc said…
We need a way to turn back time at moments like these. And then also a way to find the right auditorium.
mar said…
I'm so sorry for you, Lee! And I can so relate to this. That's cool that you got to talk to David Baker and that he was praising Quinn! I hope Q and D can play at the farmer's market on Sat.- I'm sure I'm not the only one who's been missing them!
Are you feeling irked to this day?

Popular Posts