The Bears

Today we saw Cave of Forgotten Dreams.  Quite good.  Yay for the paleolithic cave artists!  I learned more about cave bears.  They used to be all over the place.  Why are they now extinct?  Why?
Before the movie, we took a hike on Trail 7 in McCormick's Creek.  McCormick's Creek was our first state park, established in 1916.  We never walked on Trail 7 before, but it's a good one.  Moderate.  2 miles.  Takes you down to the White River.  We made up a few songs about the White River, and tonight I found out that it flows to the Wabash.  Anyway, the Paleolithic cave artists were surrounded by wildlife, and they painted animals all over their caves.  Everywhere they looked they could see cave bears, as I've previously mentioned, wooly rhinos, horses, lions, bisons.  We're talking about 30,000 years ago, fyi.  Today on our walk, we saw some bugs, and a few birds.  That's it.  The predators are no longer roaming about my friends.  And that's probably why I don't have good wall art in my house.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Love the clever and creative way you draw conclusions.

D/
LH said…
Thanks, D! I am finally getting over this weird throat thing. Maybe we can see eachother tomorrow for a bit. Are you busy? I'm heading to Georgia on Wednesday to see the fam.
love 2 u! I think you would like Cave of Forgotten Dreams, btw.
Anonymous said…
I am a real downer. I spend most of my time missing Samantha. If you can take it, I'd love to see you for a bit tomorrow. What time?
I want to talk to you about our summer party at the lake.
D/
StreibProjects said…
I think my kids are the wild animals. They carve pictures and their names into the walls around here. Mostly in the bathroom. What is up with that?
LH said…
Dorothy....one ? Don't worry about being down. I'd love to just sit and chat a bit.

Streibie....... Your kiddos are Paleolithic!
Anonymous said…
One is perfect!!

See you then.

D/
LH said…
yay. can't wait.
kc said…
Wish we had such a cave here. Sounds like a perfect summer activity

Popular Posts