The Popsicles

There's a little 2nd grade peep who has made great gains at school this year.  While we were eating popsicles together at the Popsicle Field Day Station, I asked her in a casual, yet friendly tone, "Hey Kiddo, How ya doin'?"

"Good," she answered whimsically, "I'm smart now."

I told her that she'd always been smart, and that I was glad she had enjoyed a great school year.  She smiled and shrugged.  Refocused on the popsicle.  A sweet last day moment.

Still have a few things to do at the school site tomorrow.  But I don't have to set the alarm, and I don't have to spend the whole day there.  So, yay.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Yeah! Sounds wonderful! It was great to see you in passing today, but I really wanted to park and join you and your gang. I have some end of the year things I wanted to talk to you about.
N
kc said…
This is a really cute story. I love the stories about the littles.

I shared some high fives and posed for some pics with juniors yesterday. It pretty much made my year.
LH said…
Nance, we need a pool outing I think?

KC, I'm feeling really nostalgic about our kids, and I've only been away from them for 2 days. I hope they have the funnest summers.

I'm going to plan an adventure a day.
Anonymous said…
Pool, yes! When? Iu or bp? When? I' ready!
N
mm said…
iTouch!

Popular Posts