The Book

Today is Penultimate Day.  I'm limping across the finish line folks.  WICKED SORE THROAT.  A certain level of malaise.

I had some desk jobs to do today and I ended up supervising this kinder kid who's sporting a new mohawk with the word GHOST carved into the back of his skull for extra effect. I'm not a huge fan of the mohawk.  Never have been.  While supervising Mohawk and working with a partner on a computerized task, a book was suddenly hurled across the room.  My colleague tried to reason with Mohawk.
 "Did you just throw that across the room?"
"Yeah.  I wanted it over there."
"Well you should pick it up."
"You should pick it up."

Let's face it.  This situation screams out BRAT to everyone involved.  But we went back to ignoring Mohawk and somehow we all made it to dismissal time alive and upright.

I'm singing the Penultimate Day Blues tonight. I want it all to be over now.

Comments

mm said…
It screams poor parenting to me. I'm sorry you are not feeling well. You can make it!!
StreibProjects said…
You better not have strep. That pic put me over the edge.
Anonymous said…
Stick a fork in it baby.
jw
LH said…
Looking at about 7 hours of intense grueling labor in the scorching heat: relay races, beachball toss, popsicle eating. God help us every one.
Anonymous said…
Eat a lot of popsicles. Stay hydrated. And find a laugh.

D/
jdoc said…
I can't wait for you to be done! I'm really looking forward to having a job so I can be done with it once a year. Is that weird?
Goodwoman said…
Oh man... is this my kinder who was formally with green hair?
kc said…
How were the outdoor funtimes??

Popular Posts