The Swifts

There was a chimney swift in the gym today so the thirdies came running to find me. When I walked into the gym, rowdy boy said, "Check out the wings how they cross over just like in our paintings." And rowdy girl said, "It can cling to a vertical surface, so we know it's a swift." It always amazes me how these little crazies remember stuff even tho they never pay attention ever. The swift was cool and I hope it found its way out of the gym somehow. It put on a great show for us today and I'm grateful.

Comments

Julie Anna said…
Good to see you at sbux this morning. Sorry to hear about recent stressful and utterly stupid events. I have experienced a very similar thing and can only mark it down to inbreeding. What are the chances of getting together for wine on our back deck this Friday? Something very uncomplicated for an unwinding session. I should email Marion and Nanc.
cb said…
I love your bird story. What a wonderful moment.

Good luck with the move -- enlist help whenever you can. Breathe.

Did TD take that photo on her coast trip? It's a lovely scene.

xoxo
cb
KC said…
I love those thirdies. Their latest podcast was great, and I especially loved the skits. My students loved Cameron's skit.
LH said…
J, I need to do this soon with you and the galpals. Yesterday I had a thing.
We may have a FOTD this coming Friday which I'll be renaming. It shall be a "Celebration of Glorious Summer Fruit."

C, I'm hanging in there. Family's been very helpful. I went to Florida last weekend for 24 hours to see a school. We did slip off to Daytona Beach. Thus, this pic.

KC, we did get the 3 (six) podcasts in so we should be happy and extremely proud.

Popular Posts