The Peeve

I was trying to blog each day about my attempts to be a bright shining star at the compound, but the compound's cramping my starry style. Instead, I shall now write about peeves on a regular basis, until the end of the school year.
Big Peeve: I hate when people say something that's not even remotely funny, but they chuckle or chortle when they finish saying it. Today I heard someone say, "Boy is it ever! ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha HA HA!" I always feel fairly uncomfortable on these occasions. Should I pretend laugh? I usually go with the nod and smile approach. But it's awkward.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Ohmigosh! Two of your hidden gems are absolutely priceless. Thanks so much!

D/
KC said…
I'm wondering if I should join you in peeve publishing. there are so many peeves at this point in the year.
Anonymous said…
That's what I like...flexibility. And don't laugh. It just encourages them. It's one of my pet peeves as well.
Anonymous said…
Hmmm. When I think of peeves as "pet" peeves, it immediately softens them.

D/

Popular Posts