The Flashes

Big Peeve of the day? Hot Flashes. Hot flashes are idiotic. They wake me up all night long. All night long, every hour or so, my eyes zing open and I'm wide awake. About 30 seconds after that, my head begins burning like it's being zapped in a microwave. Then I tear off all my blankets. Then I lay there sweating with my head on a pillow so hot it feels like I'm reclining on a giant hot pocket. After a few minutes I drift off back to sleep. Then I get super cold, so I pull up the covers. An hour later the whole thing starts again. It's miserable. Sure things could be worse. But that's not the point. This is a significant peeve. I was exhausted all day today.

Comments

Anonymous said…
And the more stress you're under the worse they become.
jw
LH said…
It's all making sense.
Julie Anna said…
I was going through that for awhile. SO miserable. I kept waking up in sheets and pillows that were soaked through with sweat so that I would have to change into something and go sleep on the couch for the rest of the night. I required hormonal intervention for some even more horrible side effects of the whole pre-m thing that were quite literally ruining my life, so this has also helped with the flashes. Still have them, but not so severely.
LH said…
I'm going to think about this. I've also developed really itchy skin. It's annoying as all get out.

Popular Posts