The Movies

This weekend has been test data weekend. 6 hours at work yesterday. 7 today. Making stupid little charts. It's hard to have a bright and shiny attitude when you're doing this type of task. Watching movies helped. Over the past 2 days I've watched Jerry Maguire, a documentary about a guy named Jim Killeen who went around the world meeting other guys named Jim Killeen. The Blind Side. Where the Wild Things Are. I was going to see another movie tonight at the Buskirk Chumley with Mitz. Compassion Rising about the Dalai Lama and Thomas Merton. I was looking forward to it, but felt a little tired and cranked out from the data entry so I asked the ticket guy, "Is it just the movie? There are no speakers, right?"
"Oh no, if you want to hear the speakers, you have to come on Tuesday night. We're just showing the movie tonight.
"Great," I told him. "I don't want to hear anyone talking. Just want to see the movie."
"Yep. Just the movie."
We get into the Buskirk Chumley and the start time comes and goes. Finally some guy with a CELLO walks out and starts talking about the making of the film and then plays a long and moving song on the cello. I tried to have a buddhist attitude, but it really ticked me off. So finally the movie starts and I just leave.
I'm really dedicated to making these last 3 weeks of school the most wonderful weeks EVER, but it's going to be hard if nonsense like this keeps happening.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Today is Tuesday. Did you check your front door? Be sure to read the note(s)attached to the package.

D/
LH said…
Just got home. And the books are here. The note is read. I'm charmed and delighted. They are very beautiful books. thanks to you good pal!!!!!
Teen Daughter said…
I think this is a hella funny blog, I just couldn't think of anything else to say about it. -TD

Popular Posts