The Crank

My 2nd night in a row coming home after 10 pm from the compound. This is nonsense.

My anxiety and paranoia erupted this morning as I began a day of work sessions with different grade levels, organizing common assessments for next year. I basically refused to speak to anyone and simply stared at them when they tried to make small talk. If they asked if they could help me, I said curtly, "No." I wanted everyone to know that I can dish it out as well as take it. I pulled myself together when I snapped at someone who asked a question, responding with a terse, "How many flipping times do I have to say this?"
I thought that might be crossing a line so I started acting more jovial. By the end of the school day, I was fine. And now I'm ready to call it a day.

Comments

Anonymous said…
OMG! What part of the body was in that horrible last photo?
As for YOUR photo: Kudos! Wonderful!

D/
LH said…
THE EYE!!! ICK!

I think the 4th is free and clear for us! Yakking with Hman about this today. THANKS!
KC said…
I really do not envy this part of your job. That is, getting teachers on board with ANY TYPE OF CHANGE.

Do the meetings continue today, or are you finished?
I was SO there yesterday. Today feels more clean. Stay strong... fifteen days until we're swapping stories over tapas- and I'm getting The Wedge!
Anonymous said…
So - then - would you like to join us? We'd love it. The boys, F&D, are joining us this year.
Stupidly, I let a few imbibers of wine coerce me into this year's theme. Pirates! How patriotic can we get!

D/
Anonymous said…
No word(s) from you in days. Hope you're ok.

D/

Popular Posts