The Circle

Yesterday was not the best day ever, by a long shot.
I was feeling pretty freaked out by lunch time, when 3 former peeps came up to talk
to me in the cafeteria. They were hugging me and lurking around in a circle, telling me
they miss me. "I miss you guys too. It's so nice to see old friends. My class has been
kind of cranky today."
Former peep who cried every day last year and went to the nurse over 16000 times said, "The whole school's like that. People are being really bad."
I said, "The whole school? Okay. That's making me feel better. But I wonder why."
Former peep who wrecked a field trip for 40 kids last year said, "It's probably Easter. People are getting hyper."
"I hadn't thought of that. Maybe you're right. Easter."
Peep # 3 who keeps getting sent to the Psych Hospital said, "Can I have one of those pens you have?"
"Not today, pal. but check in tomorrow." We all hugged again and they went back to where they belonged.

Sometimes I can't wait til my current peeps are my former peeps so we can have nice exchanges like this.

Comments

Popular Posts