The Plans

Spent a long time at the compound yesterday, so I'm feeling well planned. Anything could still happen. We all know that. But I have to take one day at a time. We're going to invite families in on Friday to read our zine pieces with us. I may have to get some snacks for that. I'll worry about that Thursday night.
On another note, Teen Daughter has chosen to attend U.C. Berkeley next year. We think it's a great match for her. I usually start weirdly crying if I think too much about it, so I'll just sign off now.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Wow! Couldn't get a more diverse and exciting university. Hooray!
Any inklings regarding a major yet? Journalism?
You know that P. David is the Dean of Grad school of Ed?

And how was the recital?

D/
LH said…
Recital was great. His teacher is also a voice coach, so there were some great little singers.

Journalism is a favorite, but she's keeping her eyes open.

I didn't know that about P.David.

I still have letters for you in my mailbox.

"Words are flying out like endless rain into a paper cup..."

(that song just came on).
Julie Anna said…
Yea Roz! Although I know a large contingent of IUers will miss her next year.
LH said…
Maybe we can rent a van and all trek out west to see her.
ROAD TRIP!!!!
Anonymous said…
Speaking of road trips, I'll be on one for a month - starting right after the SoFA party, so we need to get our little "graduation" date set. I've ordered the caps.
And little "Good Job" medallions.
I have the group photos.

Is there anyone who will NOT be advancing?
D/
LH said…
You'll be gone a month?
Okay, let me check on when the next 3 weeks of standardized testing times are.

thanks for doing this!

i can't wait to see your sofa show.
Anonymous said…
The villagers say "yeah!" to UC Berkeley. R, Prepare to be taken out to dinner on a regular basis!

I helped present > $130k in college scholarships last night to kids who are -- mostly -- the first in their family to go to college. I cried. I cry every year.

Such an exciting time....

mary
LH said…
thanks, mar.

I'm so amazed by the work you do.

Popular Posts