The Nerves

Four graduate students from Afghanistan are going to visit our class today. We're going to interview them. When the peeps helped me generate our question list, they started off with questions like, "What is it like to live when war is happening in your country?" and "Did you ever wear a burka? What do you think of the Taliban?" and "Do you think the U.S. is right to send more troops to Afghanistan?" Then they got into the important items like, "Do you like to fly kites?" and "Do you have any pets?"
I hope they behave well. Cross your fingers for me. I'll be in a really horrid mood if they don't. Yesterday was touchy. One peep kept flipping me off behind my back. I just hope he doesn't do that when our visitors are here. They might get a negative impression of American schools.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Can't wait to hear how it went.
D/
Anonymous said…
Yes, do tell.
N
LH said…
It was awesome. The peeps were great and
it was powerful to hear the Afghan teachers
telling stories to them. Loved it.
Anonymous said…
Did you take pictures?
LH said…
oui, madame.

I took pictures while the kids were interviewing and then at the end a kid said, "can we have a picture of all of us with our visitors?" So I agreed absolutely that that would be a good idea. The Afghan graduate students all pulled out cameras and Mitz and I were clicking away. Very sweet.
Anonymous said…
Hooray for the photos. Now you need to contact the person who is doing the Tuesday School thing for the HT and get them to print a photo and tell your story.
D/
Anonymous said…
The hummers are back as well! I love the spring birds, even if some are just passing through.
N
Anonymous said…
Along with the usual, I have lots of cowbirds and woodpeckers this Spring.
D/
Anonymous said…
And no bird flipping?

Inquiring minds want to know.

mary
LH said…
No. None at all.

I talked to bird flipper kid btw
and he denies flipping me off.
He says he was flipping other people off.

Not really sure I should, but I'm going to cut him some slack. Just not turning my back in future, if I can help it.

Popular Posts