The Work

Sandra Day O Connor says happiness comes from work worth doing. I'm heading back in, to do the worthwhile work. Yesterday was a downer as the peeps were verging on hateful. Could they be angry at me, their teacher, as they struggle through ISTEP testing? Angry perhaps because they see me as the person who let them down and did not teach them how to do the various inane problems in the booklet before them. Perhaps. But on a good note, our podcast is getting some awesome comments. And the rosebreasted grosbeaks have been showing up all week to hog the feeder and to fill me with awe.
You still have to listen to the podcast. And comment. Sorry, but we have 17 more comments to get to our goal of 30. Come on, people. We can do this.

Comments

Anonymous said…
More than likely your peeps are simply angry at the world. Those nasty tests will do that to you.
D/
LH said…
Yeah, you're probably right.
We sang Eye of the Tiger this
morning and we all seem a little cheerier. Thanks for sending it our way.
KC said…
I will get to the podcast. i have had a terrible week so far. the podcast is bound to cheer me up. shef loves to sing eye of the tiger, too.
Anonymous said…
I've sent your podcast hither and yon. Jayne DeLawter and Dorothy Watson have both commented.
Hooray!
LH said…
KC, I understand. Completely. Since you've been in cruelest month syndrome.

D, I can not tell you how happy I was to see their comments. i'll show the kids tomorrow. SO COOL!! THANKS!!!

p.s. The kids want to sing eye of the tiger at the talent show now.
Anonymous said…
Hooray for Eye of the Tiger! Go for it!
And hooray for the CELTers who enjoyed and responded to the podcast.
D/
Anonymous said…
Forgot to tell you: A couple of CELTers said they wanted to get back in touch with you, and asked for your email. Hope you don't mind that I gave it to them.
D/
LH said…
I don't mind at all. It's been great to reconnect.
I really appreciate you sending the podcast out hither and yon.
Anonymous said…
Listened and left a comment. Hoping I am comment #30.

mary

Popular Posts