The Doughnuts

Superior Doughnuts is the name of the play we saw last night.  It was fantastic.  It was a thrill to watch Michael McKean because I love everything he's done.  The whole cast was great.  Kudos to Husbandman for getting us tickets. Maybe I like plays now?
 So far Chicago is awesome.  Husbandman and Teendaughter just left for a tour of University of Chicago.  I'm trying to wake #1 Son, giving him a series of 5 minute adjustment periods.  I'm nervous about U of Windy City because someone on Wikipedia wrote that it's where "fun goes to die."  I urged Teendaughter to ask her tour guide and interviewer about the fun factor, but she seemed to be ignoring me.  I think #1 and I will start our day with a pilgrimage to The Bean

Comments

Anonymous said…
The Bean sounds like a good place to start, and you might need to go dip your toes in the lake if it's as hot up there as it is here! E suggested swimming, which as I recall the boys say was BORING! Oh well, he must be missing Q. I shall suggest mancala.
N
Anonymous said…
fun is an important factor. i decided against one school where the tour guide said fun consisted of music and dancing breaks in the library on saturday nights. that's a little much.
Anonymous said…
Will you be checking out Depaul?
D/
LH said…
We're back from the wonderful trip. Only snag was megatraffic leaving chicago, which made the trip home longer than necessary. Teendaughter saw and liked Univ of Chi and Northwestern. While she and Husbandman checked out schools, #1 son and I checked out the Jeff Koons exhibit at the Contemporary Museum and The Happening at a movie theater in Evanston. Jeff Koons was wildly fun and The Happening I liked as well.

Popular Posts