The Hiatus


I was getting pretty excited about the brand new building with the shiny new classrooms and of course the built in desk. Come to find out, there's going to be a charter school starting soon in our neighborhood, so our new building plans are on "hiatus." Because new charterschool may impact our enrollment, the local rag reports that our school system will "likely re-evaluate the planned new school building." Blah. I'm a little sad because 1. we've been to a million meetings about new school and b. I like teaching over at this new place and now I wonder if I'll be shuffled off somewhere in a few years, and lastly, the peeps deserve a shiny new school. They would have loved it. Maybe all will turn out fine and I'll get that built in desk someday.

Comments

LH said…
I'm still annoyed that they're not going to build our new school. I get why they won't do it, but I'm still irked.
Anonymous said…
Well, I don't even get why they won't do it. The reason sounds a bit too nebulous for me.
I don't like it!
D/
LH said…
The reason is so dumb. They assume all our kids will leave to go to Charter School, but I don't think that's going to happen.
Anonymous said…
Stupid is right! They're making a decision based on a "maybe" and a "who knows?"
Did they even think of at least doing a survey before nixing the new school?
D/

Popular Posts