The Result

When I got home from my 3 hour dental appt, #1 son offered to take me out to lunch with his Steak and Shake gift certificates. I thought that was nice, but I told him I would happily take him out to lunch, but we needed to go somewhere quick and he should save his certs for some other occasion. As we drove off mallward, I told him I was heading for our regular corporate chainfood spot. #1 said, "We've never gone to other nearby corporate chainfood spot. Why don't we try that?"
"Okay," I said.
"Wait a minute. Will they have mozzarella sticks?" he asked me.
"I've no idea. Remember we've never been there before."
"Right. Well, let's try it anyway. This lunch will either result in future shunning of this restaurant, or future appreciation of it. Either way, it will be productive."
After that he launched in to detailed descriptions of possible gifts for his birthday that's coming right up in April.
After my soft lunch of soup and a side of mashed potatoes, we decided the place was just okay, and we will probably not be back for awhile.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I see you slipped in a Paretsky item. Have you read it yet? I loved it.
LH said…
I'm half way thru. I am absolutely loving it. Good call, woman.

Popular Posts