The Hamsters

I'm settling for the dwarf hamsters for a variety of reasons we won't go into right now. Our 2 new hamsters are sisters and they're getting along well so far. There was some fighting about the wheel, so I headed back to the pet store to get wheel #2. Husbandman questioned the purchase, commenting, "I'm not sure one hamster is going to think 'Hey, this wheel's occupied, I'll just go over to this other wheel.'" But I think it's good to provide options anyway. I'm thinking I need a new cage as well. The one I had from before is fairly heavy and I'll need to transport them home every once in awhile.

Comments

Julie Anna said…
Hey friend, catching up after long absence to the blog. no time at work, and sucky dial-up from home. But now we are broadband and wireless at home and life is good. Anyway, are these by any chance Siberian Hamsters? We had one once, despite salesperson telling us that they could be mean. Salesperson was right. They were very cute, but they bit us every time we picked them up. Didn't hurt, exactly, but the kiddos were small and soon freaked out and didn't want to touch the hamster. She was so very cute, though.
Julie Anna said…
That was weird...one hamster, multiple hamsters...I sort of switched the ordinality (is that a word?) of the subject in previous comment. We had one hamster, but multiple mice at some other time, so I got confused in there somewhere. I remembered that the salesperson also told us that the Siberian hamsters liked to live solo, which was why we only had one.
KC said…
the hamster looks cute in this photo. i bet the kiddos will like them.
LH said…
They're biting, but i've been on the web researching this, and today i picked them up in a cup. I also am wearing gloves when i put my hand in there.

they're such weirdos, but the peeps were more than happy.

Popular Posts