The Books

The Nick Hornby book I just finished was a good read. It was one of those books that you wish you could keep on reading after you finish, which in some ways is kind of an unsatisfying sensation. Now I have nothing much to do. I may have to take a little adventure somewhere. When I worked at the books for prisoners project this week, I worked to fill requests for: books on physics, chess, welding, and poetry. Someone wanted a grisham and another guy wanted a james patterson, but there were none to be found that night. I found some titles that I thought would satisfy. The poetry requester also wanted a dictionary, but the shelves were bare of dictionaries. I may start on the new Sherman Alexie. Teendaughter got it for a holiday giftie. Let us see.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Has the boot already arrived????
N
LH said…
yes, it has, and the boot is really slowing me down. if i ever get chased by an attacker, i'm a dead woman.
Anonymous said…
Maybe you could equip the boot with some sharp spikey things in case of an attacker...????
Or how about a sign stating "Beware:woman with boot!"
N
LH said…
i could use the booted leg as an anchor and then kick like hell with the other foot. I practiced that a little bit last night on some family members and it just might work.
last day of vacay.
it's been a great one.

Popular Posts