The Closer

Husbandman says I'm like Mariano Rivera, the closer for the Yankees and "the greatest closer of all time" or so I've heard tell (from Husbandman). Husb wrote "CLOSE IT OUT!" on my chalkboard today. The problem is I expected an email from someone and I didn't get it so I had to keep checking and not working. And then I had to email a bunch of people every 15 minutes, telling them I hadn't gotten the email yet. The one I had been expecting. I'm being snubbed and I'm finding it a huge distraction. I got a little done, but tomorrow I'm really going to take up the Rivera identity and get down to business.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Finish the final chapter! Doesn't it just restate what you have already said?

I am working on a trip to NCTE. I have asked a parent if I can use their apartment. If they say yes, I will be there.

Are you presenting?
I should have but the due date is rotten for our calendar.

WRITE
Jeff
Anonymous said…
I'll bet Rivera has a cold one on standby every time he closes out, reckon?
LH said…
Okay, J, I'm on it. I'm presenting as part of a large group. Just doing a quick bit.

b, I do reckon so! :) I wonder who catches for that guy?
Anonymous said…
I thought Kyra Sedgewick was "The Closer."

Love you kids,

Joy
LH said…
i'll tell pedro. love you back sisterdear

Popular Posts