The Pilot

When I got to NY, I walked over to look at some photos at the photo place. I spent some time checking out photos of Amelia Earhart. I knew a little about her because I had read a kid biography with a lit. circle a few years ago. I didn't know though how famous she was. Just accept when I tell you she was extremely famous. So I'm back at College Pal's house in fabulous Murray Hill, Manhattan and I decide to borrow a fictionalized account of Amelia as a kind of follow up experience. Today I wake up to read in our local paper that a new expedition is being organized to find out more about what happened to Amelia after her crash. 3 Amelia sightings/situations in one week. I'm pretty sure it probably means something.

Comments

Anonymous said…
....flying lessons in between diss-writing sessions perhaps?
Rachel said…
I went through an Amelia obsession phase when I was in grade school. I think the first report I did on her was in third grade, and then she became my go to girl for school reports. I believe this obsession both culminated and collapsed in sixth grade when I did a report on her and had to DRESS UP like her to present the report.
LH said…
hey b, I will need a new objective next year, so stay tuned.
and hi ms. r. so good to see you here. going to ncte?

here's something i learned about amelia. when she married g.p. putnam, she was having an affair with another guy. she told gp that she would not be faithful to him and that she did not expect him to be faithful to her. she also said that on their one year anniversary they should divorce if either one was unhappy. So practical.
Anonymous said…
Are you reading, "I Was Amelia E"? I went through an Amelia E. phase a few years back too. Did you know all her papers are at Purdue? They are on line and you can see lots of pictures of her. She had such great style. Looking at her pics should keep you from writing the diss for a while.

Jeff
LH said…
Yes, it was that book, Jeff.
I was Amelia Earhart.

It was fiction, but I want it to be true.

Are you going to NCTE in NYC this november? Please say yes.

Popular Posts