The Care

#1 Son was specific about the care package we should send him while he's at camp. Most importantly, it must contain chocolate chip cookies, actually baked at our home. I thought that was excessive, but he countered with, "It was okay that you were the only parent that didn't send a care package last year. I was only there a week afterall. But now with a 2 week stay I think you really need to pick up the pace." That stung a little, but I've let the pain go and now we're on top of things. Teendaughter says she can bake tonight. And I've sent 6 post cards already, with pithy, clever comments.
p.s. Happy Anniversary to me and husbandman. 20 years today.
Posted by Picasa

Comments

KC said…
Happy anniversary indeed.

When i was at camp, my mom sent 20 letters in one day so I would get thrown in the lake.
Anonymous said…
I never got a care package in my 9 years of 1-week-at-camp. Not a single 1. And I am not bitter.

No, I am not.

Care packages? "Foolishness," I say. You're not supposed to have that stuff in your cabins anyway.

Any self-respecting camp has bear concerns.

Bob offers his congrats on the 20 years. Along with the unnecessarily snide remark that "It's probably because Pedro didn't perform the ceremony."

Approaching 23 years so P's got nothing to be sorry about,

mary
Anonymous said…
Congrats on the 20 years. Nicely done.
LH said…
thanks dears.

i never went to camp as a kid. I never liked to be around people I don't know. I'm kind of still like that. Maybe that's why i've been married so long?
Undomestic said…
Congrats to you and your husband...how awesome!!! Are you doing anything fun to celebrate?

Any 2 week camps out there that take 1 and 2 year olds?
LH said…
Hi C., we had a great dinner last night at one of our fave restaurants. And we're going on an overnight together once i get the diss done. I'm making good progress at last. It's amazing what NOT WORKING can do for a writing project.

Camps for the littles...It's a great concept!
Anonymous said…
Just want to add my voice to the "Congratulations on your 20th anniversary" kudos coming your way. Here's to a very special couple!!
LH said…
thanks, d. we're feeling pretty pleased with ourselves these days.
ugomo said…
20 years! ? !

Does that include the years you were best buds but not together?

Time whizzes by, no?

OY
mo
LH said…
HI MO!
we'd be pushing onto thirty if i included those fun years.
geezlouise.
we met in 78 and he thought i was awesome pretty much right away.
i enjoyed him as well, as I recall.

Popular Posts