The Dissipation


Last night I got to meet a favorite researcher. He was in town to give a talk and honored adviser invited me to hang out with her posse during the evening hours. I always find these meetings a little nerve wracking. I want to like my favorite researchers and sometimes they turn out to have annoying flaws and oddities. Happily, this guy was smart as expected as well as high on the funniness and personabilty scales. I was delighted with this fun encounter. Sadly, today I'm trying to wrestle down chapter 12. I'm irked with Chapter 12 because it has caused my buzzy good mood from last night to dissipate almost completely. Damn you, chapter 12. Damn you to hell.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Is that him?
jw
KC said…
I would like you to shout at chapter 12 like Jennifer Connelly shouts at David Bowie in the movie Labyrinth: "YOU HAVE NO POWER OVER ME!!"

Try it. It echoes in the movie, and I think it would be good if you created that effect with your voice.

Let me know how it goes.
Anonymous said…
The word "penultimate" continues serving you well, Lee Dog! --- I smell a fiesta a-brewin'!!
LH said…
jw...that's him. he likes to play video games.

12 is still putting up a fight, but it's getting tired. I can tell.
LH said…
well, 12 is still standing.
I'm irked.
on the good side, #1 son came back from camp today. he's tired, but well. so good to know he's home, even though he quickly called a friend and left the homestead. He's home in a way.

Popular Posts