The Purple


I turned to #1 son this weekend with my worldy worries.
"I just don't feel like working on my dissertation," I whined pathetically.
"Why would anyone WANT to work on a dissertation?" he reasoned, eyes focused on the television.
"Well, it needs to get done, so what would you do if you were in my sitatuation?"
"Get some motivation," suggested he, increasing the volume with the remote.
Motivation's really eluding me these days. Report cards go home Friday, but I feel not a bit like working on them. I have an index card filled with to do's, but no cross outs. My major accomplishment of late has been figuring out how to change the blog background from black to purple. I've quizzed family members about the change repeatedly and they confirm that the choice of color is a good one. I guess I'll rest on my laurels for awhile.

Comments

jdoc said…
I am into the purple and am now wondering how to change colors on my own blog. Promise not to pick purple if you share.
Anonymous said…
I liked the yellow better. The Purple doesn't contrast with the text as well. How about light blue text on purple?
Bob
LH said…
jdoc, I will share. not too hard if i can figure it out, believe me.
mr. bob, i was leaning toward the yellow, but maybe a little too bright? do you think if i type in light blue, i'll get light blue? should i type in lightblue or light blue? please. you know the answers. share.
Anonymous said…
lightblue works, but now I'm leaning pink. It knows aqua, but not mauve. I don't know what to make of this. How did jdoc insert an image?
-Bob
Anonymous said…
The important thing is that you got a great picture of the daffodils and easter chicks!
KC said…
i feel i prefer the purple to the yellow. i'm diggin the purple. purple is very welcoming, very diversity-friendly color. kudos on the update.
Anonymous said…
Yellow IS an eye-catcher but after extended periods of time, promotes aggression...supposedly.... I'm GOING to do a Friday-deck thing one day--REALLY!
KC said…
hey i said diversity-friendly even before i cliked on motivation. that link really cracks me up.
LH said…
b, you have the perfect place for the friday fete. It's a great way to end the week. sadly, this week, i have to leave early to sell stupid candy at #1 son's school carnival.
kc, that link cracked me up too. lots of repetition in the table.
b, thanks for the help good friend.
i'll keep tinkering. i was really ready for a spring look for the blog.
Julie Anna said…
purple is one my favorite colors, so I nothing but positive comments on the purple. The text is a bit harder to see, but still, the purple is good.
LH said…
I may adjust font color.
we shall see,
said the blind man,
as he picked up
his hammer
and saw.

Popular Posts