The Points

The sixers are making power points about poets. I finally figured out to give them a deadline, so now stuff is coming together and I find myself actually helping sixers with their work, rather than running around trying to figure out who's blasting the Stones' Beast of Burden through the computer speakers. At the end of a busy but productive hour in the computer lab, a sixer handed over his rough draft. "Thanks," I said, "I'll edit it this weekend."
He looked at me and replied matter of factly, "This is actually my final draft."
I sang back at him, "No, it's not, my fine sixer pal, so ha ha hahaha." He grinned, shook his head and walked off as I continued to cackle gleefully.
The other sixers shook their heads at me as they filed out as well.
I feel like we're finally starting to understand one another. Posted by Picasa

Comments

hr said…
I saw Q today drumming. He (and the rest of the group I suppose) was awesome. My kiddos loved it and the rest of the Lotus Blossoms.

Lennies. Soon.
LH said…
He was probably the best, I would imagine. I'm going to hear him today.
yes, lennies. asap.
KC said…
i like this photo. what is it?
Anonymous said…
It sounds to me like they finally understand you and that YOU are in CHARGE. You go teacher lady.

Jeff
LH said…
There are sneakers on parade up in Indianapolis, kc. celebrating our love of basketball and our desire to have the ncaa tourney permanently residing in our state.

hey mr. j. i have been kind of wishy washy this year. one thing i love about teaching is that, come august, you get to enact a call for Do overs! yay.

Popular Posts