The Break


My main goals for spring break are to sleep and to dissertate. I finished a chapter this morning, just so you know. After finishing a chapter of the dissertation, (just so you know) I went to school. The kids were hyper and many preferred to hang out in the hallway rather than enter the classroom. After being corralled inside, they chattered incessantly as I took attendance. Attempting to document attendees, I noticed a sixer walking over toward our phone. He picked up the receiver and asked politely, "Hey, can I call my dad?"
I thought he might have a family problem, so I answered, "Sure, but do you mind telling me why you need to call him?"
The kid answered, "I was reading this really great Far Side book last night and I forgot to put it in my backpack. I want him to bring it over."
"Put the phone down!" I screamed at him, before adding the rhetorical, "Are you InSANE?"

Spring Break. I love those two words so much.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Those two rank right up there with the other favorites: Summer vacation! 54 to go, but who's counting?!
Nance
LH said…
I woke up happy today. I have a goal to grade lit. logs a little bit at a time this week, but let's face it, I'll probably do it next Sunday afternoon. Today we're heading out to see Transamerica. Yeeha.

Popular Posts