The Lunch


On our snow day yesterday, I was at home with #1 son and one of his sixer pals. Husbandman had to work. He's usually the person who gives us food, so I was a little nervous about how lunch would go. I ran out to the market and bought a frozen pizza and the kind of cookies that you slice and bake. They have some now that are pre-sliced. I loved that. The boys had pizza and I even cut up some apples for them. I'm always really pleased with myself when I provide sustenance for others and I continuously asked the kiddos pertinent questions like, "This pizza's quite good, don't you think?" and "Isn't this amazing that I thought to go out and get cookies for us to bake?" Whenever I venture into new territory, I need to make sure my attempts at identity work are successfully recognized. And I'm happy to report, they were.

Comments

Julie Anna said…
Hey, frozen pizza is a perfectly acceptable weekly meal around our house, and we all cook. Cooking is a major form of self-expression for me, but sometimes it can be sheer drudgery. Often, it's not doing the cooking that is the problem for me, but thinking of what to cook. Sometimes when I'm tired, I stare at the shelves at the grocery store and absolutely nothing comes to mind. I lose inspiration, and then it's drudge work. So for those of you whose partners usually do the cooking...chip in there with the brilliant suggestions!
KC said…
god, i am so jealous that you saw a wooly mammoth. i have ALWAYS wanted to see one, and I've been a lifelong minnesota resident.
LH said…
i will remember to suggest, julie.
Usually I want grilled cheese sandwiches. I am loving all your recent blog entries from your travels. Well done, my friend!

kc, they roam freely down here. Next time you come, we'll track some down.

Popular Posts