The Elan


I love museums and I love museums that have IMAX theaters. Last week we saw Deep Sea 3D. I was so looking forward to it. In line to enter that sacred space, we stood behind a guy who looked about 19 or 20. He was standing with a friend and he was thanking the friend profusely for attending the IMAX with him. He kept pounding the guy on the back while repeating statements like, "I can't wait to see this film. IMAX films are the coolest. I'm so happy you would come with me today, No one ever wants to come to the museum with me." I was impressed with this young man and whispered to Teen Daughter that he could be the perfect boyfriend if he was a little younger. She clutched my forearm tightly, which I've come to learn means that she isn't happy with my current line of reasoning. I'm getting good at picking up on these signals and quickly piped down. The film started and it was fantastic of course. I was speechless when I learned that Husbandman slept through most of it, but I got over my incredulity and we headed upstairs to a sculpture exhibit. Our Indy day was a spring break highlight.
P.S. Cross your fingers tonight for a 2 hour delay for us tomorrow. Snow's on its way.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I loved the Lewis and Clark IMAX movie at our Science Museum. The sevens slept. Best behavior we've had all year.

Fingers crossed. I didn't get my snow day; you deserve it for both of us. Love the photo too.
Undomestic said…
Max LOVES animals and fish and such. He literally screams in delight when he sees them. I wonder if he'd sit through this..and keep the glasses on.
LH said…
thanks for the crossing, jdoc...got the snow day today. Yay...
cari, i think he would like it. the moon jellies come zooming out at you in a most spectacular way. the humboldt squid is a bit on the scary side tho.
KC said…
i like imax, too. they have it at the zoo. dan and i want to see harry potter on the big, big screen. do you think that would be fun?
LH said…
it would be way awesome, imho.
we saw polar express on the big screen up at the minn. zoo last year. (just so you know.)

Popular Posts