The Class


Last week I got to substitute teach a grad class for my pal who is in Afghanistan right now. I loved being back on campus, talking to people about articles, sharing ideas about projects. I made a power point presentation for the sixth graders based on the articles we read, all of which were about gender stereotyping and children's literature. The grad students created artistic responses to the articles and so I borrowed their posters, cd's and brochures to share with the sixers too. I wish I could always have a foot in both of these worlds. Sometimes I'm sad that my grad school life will come to an end at some point and I'll have less access to critical ideas and experimental projects to shake up my teaching. Something to think about for the future. On an unrelated topic, we saw Transamerica yesterday and the old 40's classic, "Laura" today. Both good.

Comments

Anonymous said…
You are amazing to even HAVE a foot in both doors. Neither door is going anywhere, so you can always hang in both may frand. Lots of love...
LH said…
thanks, mah fraund, I forget that these institutions aren't going anywhere. you've come in with the good reminder once again.
love back at you...

Popular Posts