The Paint

We're having some rooms painted this week. The man who will paint for us told us to pick out some colors 2 weeks ago. I never did it, and today it had be done. This is a job I hate. Husbandman kept trying to hurry me along, but I couldn't figure out what I wanted. I'm not visual and I'm not imaginative. That's why I go with white all the time, tho I know it's boring. For me, being creative would take time, fortitude and a different personality. Teen Daughter picked out a shade of purple for her room in about 6 minutes, so there's hope for future generations. Right now, I simply rely on the kindness of strangers. Our kitchen cabinets are old and grotty and the man who will paint said, "Want me to sand and restain those cabinets?"
And I said, "Oh yes, my friend, I certainly do." They've bothered me for a long time, but I never feel any real urgency about these issues. Other people are more adept at home improvements, and every few years I'm happy to compensate these people handily.

Comments

KC said…
Is that Angelina Jolie in that photo??

Make sure to post the names of the paint colors you choose. I love those paint names.
Anonymous said…
You need me around in Bloomington. I could have come to your house, made some suggestions and guided your thinking as you made a decisions.

There's a lot the comes with being a tried teacher who was born with certain other genes.

jeff

that gash pic was gross. Was that your head?
Anonymous said…
the word tried should have been TRAINED. I am a teacher not a speller.

jeff
LH said…
r's room will be california lilac. we're trying to decide if 3 walls should be the cal. lilac and then one should be a lighter, lavender mist. and our kitchen will be white, but it will have a gerbera daisy trim. After much pulling of hair, the decisions have been made.
jefe, that was not my head. and i do need you around in bloomington, for a LOT of reasons, not just home-related. any chance you'll come back????
p.s. don't worry about spelling miscues, we're whole language here at alittleleeway. i got your drift.
Julie Anna said…
Dear HGT-Lee,
What color is your gerbera daisy paint? I mean, gerbera daisies come in lots of colors! And please, I need desparate kitchen color advice. Don't know if you remember the blue (which I picked, by the way, because it was called "Hot Air Balloon" which I thought was just a FAB name). The blue was nice, but I removed the white paneling crap and so the blue had to go with it. Now I have the dove gray which I thought would like sophisticated and tres chic, but it only looks...drab. It's so drab I don't even remember the color name. Help! Anyone!
LH said…
hi jules, you should definitely paint your kitchen the color of r's bedroom. a deep lilac. it looks awesome.
the gerbera daisy is a really pale peachy color. not sure why i went with that, but it seemed like it would match the tile. I say come on over...Party in R's room!!!

Popular Posts