The Calls

I've called a gazillion parents this week to express my concern about missing work. I used to hate calling parents and I would do anything to avoid it. But I'm starting to rethink this whole enterprise. During each call, I maintain an upbeat tone of kindness as I outline all the missing work and expose an assortment of ridiculous lies that obviously have been told both at home and at school. The parents are so grateful that I called and they get pretty ticked off at their sixer. This is a win-win situation for me.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Ok, two dog photos in a row. Is that your dog?

mary
LH said…
no. it's my friend's brother's dog. It's a labradoodle. I've been really interested in these new dogs that have been created lately.
Anonymous said…
Parents can be great allies. I love it when I call and they are thankful for your help. We all want the best for the kids, be they sixers or thirders.

Jeff

I wondered about the dog too. LOVE THAT DOG. Everyone needs one Lee. Soon your children will be gone and you will need someone to care for.
KC said…
i still don't like calling parents. but i do like exposing the lies.
LH said…
Hey Mr. Jeff, So glad to see you visiting the blog. Been thinking about you. I'm going to disagree with your everyone NEEDS a dog position. I admire them from afar. Especially corgis. Aren't they the coolest looking canines?
kc, i can't wait for this quarter to be over so we can start again. i love that first minute of that first day when NO ONE has late work.
Undomestic said…
I don't do dogs either. Tried once...I was complete failure. I don't want anything that I have to worry about getting home so I can let him/her out to potty.
LH said…
hi c, i will take a pal's dog for a walk now and then and quite enjoy the experience, but then i like taking the dog home to her guardian. I guess i'm basically a dog grandmother kind of person.
(I don't like seeing crowds of dogs together, though. there's something really suspicious about them when they get into large groups, i think.)

Popular Posts