The Meeting


Yesterday's union meeting was full of talk about early retirement benefits, selling bonds, ratification drive bys and insurance subcontracting. I wrote up notes for my colleagues back at the compound but most of my remarks were prefaced with comments like "I'm not sure but..." and "What I think I'm supposed to tell you is..."
I hope they don't lose confidence in me. I'm in way over my head and it's embarrassingly clear to me that I'll probably never acquire the identity of the proficient union rep. This is humbling. I prefer to be good at everything I do, whenever humanly possible.

Comments

Anonymous said…
What do you mean "lose" confidence? This picture is meant to be entered into a contest of some kind. Well done , ms. lee
jw
LH said…
you've got a point, jw. not too many people looked thrilled when we volunteered for the job. oh well, you get what you pay for i suppose.
i like this foto too.

Popular Posts