The Axilotl

I went into the compound today and graded papers for 3 hours. I guestimate I still have about 10 hours of grading ahead of me, but a dent was made. During a break to eat and email, I ventured into the supply room to grab one of my yogurts from the teacher fridge. I'm very sad to report that inside the fridge was a footlong axilotl in a 13 inch plastic box. He began wiggling away in there probably in response to the sudden light. I felt a wave of disgust and panic and it's been bugging me all day. Please, don't leave an axilotl in a refrigerator. It's not right, I don't care what anyone says.

Comments

Anonymous said…
After doing some research, I found the following opinions on this debate, which should interest anyone who, unlike my mother, cares what other people say:

1.Placing domestic pets in a refrigerating device is frowned upon by many pet care experts and veterinarians. It may also be in contravention of national, state or local laws in your area. Defrosting is not an exact science, and should under no circumstances be undertaken in a microwave or conventional oven. -pottedstu, Nov. 11, 2001.

2.Before 1830...(t)here was little use for refrigeration(.)Barbara Krasner Khait on The Impact of Refrigeration.

So, I'm sure that will help immensely! For more information on the refrigeration of classroom animals, ask a police officer or check out your local library.

Teen Daughter Out.
KC said…
i have never even heard of an axilotl, but good lord, it sounds creepy. and in the fridge!!!

nasty.
Anonymous said…
I have no specific comments about the incident except perhaps, "ewww!" but I will say that I do happen to be reading the book "Eldest" which I see in this picture. A fun escape type of read. (As an aside,I wouldn't want to find a dragon in the frig either.)
Anonymous said…
Should living things ever go into the refrigerator? I think not. Unless yogurt counts. I'm okay with that.
LH said…
teen d, you bring up some good points. but i didn't really get #2. kc, you see what i'm up against with these crazy coworkers. just when i think they can't sink lower, they go and put live animals in the refrigerator. kateg, #1 son loved the first one. right now he's reading the thief lord. and happy new year to you kiddo.
jdoc, yay. you're home. i just like to have everyone in their places.

Popular Posts