The Torture

I’ve heard news reports about torture lately, detailing government level debates and meetings about whether or not we should torture. These news stories have seemed ridiculous to me because, in my mind, everyone must realize that torture is bad. But not everyone realizes that, I realized today, upon reading the disheartening headline: “Most Americans Say Torture Is OK.” I wish those most Americans could get some psychological help. I also wish they could get some information about the unreliability of evidence procured through torture. Torture’s bad and it’s dumb. Don’t do it. Tell everyone you know.
p.s. something's not letting me post a picture.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I have really enjoyed the last two pictures you posted. Are they from your Florida trip? You have a great knack for capturing unusual shots. Susan
LH said…
Hey Susan, thanks for noticing my fine photography. The Chihuly exhibit in Fla. was amazing. I took a zillion pix of these cool glass pieces placed all over the stunning Fairchild Botanical Garden. Not being able to post a picture tonight was almost like...
torture. (which is NOT okay!)
KC said…
I'm diggin the pic of the angry baby.

miss u!

p.s. i also think torture is bad. I can't believe peope think it's okay.
Anonymous said…
If someone was torturing me, I suspect I would lie to make it stop. In fact, if they were even thinking about torturing me next week (its difficult to admit this moral weakness) its completely possible I might lie in advance to head it off. Unfortunately our current Attorney General is under the impression that rules like the Geneva Convention are quaint. ("charmingly odd especially in an old-fashioned way" according to the dictionary.)
LH said…
hey kace and kate,
i'm of the same mind about torture. i know it wouldn't take much at all for me to sing. my father's constant motto was "we don't break!" But as an adult, I realize...I do break! I break down at the first instant of headache and reach for the motrin. The first labor pain? let's ring for the epidural now. The first ache in my back? Let's drive over to kidney stone land for a cat scan. I would not be a credible source of intelligence at all, in a torture situation. (I'm not entirely sure I'm a credible source of intelligence in the every day.)
re: the news article... I think this survey is not right. How can it be???

Popular Posts