The Songs


The sixers are having a holiday party on Wednesday afternoon and the teachers must monitor the music they play. I am lucky because I only work in the mornings and I do not make decisions about the parties. I do not attend the parties. I go home. I have been asked to research song lyrics, however. I ask Teen Daughter to do it for me. A quick search of a dozen songs on the sixers' list brings up "Crawling in to bed with me" and "jesus of suburbia is a lie." She asks if these words will bother anyone. I'm not sure, so I pass the lyrics on to the other teachers who will decide. I can not believe I am censoring song lyrics. This is not the identity I desire.

Comments

KC said…
censorship sucks!

i say leave it to the other teachers!

plus, isn't the jesus of suburbia actually a lie??
Undomestic said…
Are you being a party pooper???
LH said…
yes, crazy, i do like the Vespa, and i'm honored by your presence on the blog.
kc, yeah, why am i doing this? what's going on here? bah humbug on censorship.
cari, i am worse than a p.p. because i'm behind the scenes, pulling the strings. someone else is actually telling them the sad news that some of their songs have been rejected. they'll have fun anyway, and i won't be there. that's the good news.
Anonymous said…
Isn't this a job for Tipper Gore? Is she available?
LH said…
where is tipper when you need her? i'm always asking that.

Popular Posts