The Oscars

Yesterday we saw Ray . I didn't know much about the musical force that was Ray Charles.
I knew his songs, but didn't know his story and the music powers up his string of life events. Disclaimers at end refer to fictionalization but isn't it all? Or most of it? Or ...would you believe...some of it???
Today I plan to see Aviator. Then I'll have seen all 5 nominated for best picture. Kudos to me. Best picture preferences?
Reading more of Ursula Nordstrom's letters. In her letter to Syd Hoff about the now classic Danny and the Dinosaur, she made suggestions page by page. Many of her suggested sentences and illustration revisions made their way in to the book. Syd Hoff died just last year at age 91. He wrote over 200 books for kids.
I need to read The View from Delphi. The author, Jonathan Odell, lives in Minneapolis and the Star Trib had a great interview with him today. The interview begins with a "learning to be white" story that could have come from Thandeka's book. I've never read Odell's books. Any Odell readers out there?

Comments

Popular Posts