Lee's Blogbirth

I'm blogging at last. I invited my kids to create a family blog with me, but both declined.
I was inspired by my the savvy mom's blog and am finally getting on blog here.
Right now I'm working on my dissertation, I'm on leave from my teaching job, and I'm living
temporarily away from my home for a year because husb. Peter's on sabbatical. I was denied sabbatical and no one at my school felt a need to explain why.
Today I found out my university lost my file with years of grad. school paperwork in it.
I wrote back to tell them the news was inexpressibly frustrating for me, and I heard nothing further. I tend to have bad luck with paperwork, so I'm not surprised.

This year I bought a crock pot. Slate has a good review of the best crockpots and I found out that I didn't buy one of the best. That's okay, it seems to work fine. I made a mushroom soup this week. The only problem with the crockpot food is there's so much of it.
Check out the slate reviews:
http://slate.com/id/2113226/

My friend Dorothy sent me a book about Ursula Nordstrom today, Dear Genius. I'm interested in editors right now, especially editors of small presses with social aims.
http://www.charlottezolotow.com/ursula_nordstrom.htm

Today I didn't run, but usually I run in the afternoon. I like to report on what I saw during my run. Yesterday I saw a black squirrel. We don't have them in Bloomington. I hope I can figure out how to add pictures to my blog.






Comments

LH said…
i think purchasing the new crockpot is a good idea.

it can do so much.

blogging and dissertation work can symbiotically interact. stay tuned...
Anonymous said…
I hate squirrels. I hate black squirrels. One time about 10 years ago I woke up and there was a dead squirrel in toilet bowl. How did it get there? How many times had it run over my bed (and body) before it found the water and drowned?
I was working out in my garden one day last summer and this squirrel jumped out from behind a hosta and started chattering at me. It's my house and my garden. I threw the trowel in the air and ran away screaming. Then I got mad and went back to look for the guy and he was gone.
Sometimes as I'm riding my bike squirrels run across the rode. I certainly don't swerve.
LH said…
my friend judy hates squirrels too.

I had a hamster once who kept escaping. One night I was dreaming that a hamster was running all over my face. I could feel its little paws. When I finally pulled myself awake out of the dream, my hamster was staring right into my eyes.

So that squirrel might have been in bed with you. You never know.

But I do like squirrels.
LH said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said…
I know because your friend Judy, me, wrote it.
LH said…
i didn't want to out you as the squirrel hater you are, but i did have a sinking feeling that you were the squirrel hater in question.
Anonymous said…
Lee,

I think you've done good work here. Anytime you can get crock pots and squirrels (I also hate them) in the same entry, you're doing well.

To comment on my blog, look at the top right of an entry. There are options there... click comments.

KC

Popular Posts