President's Day Weekend

Written Conversation with Rosalyn

Me: I'm stuffed with Japanese food.
Ros: Dad said the vegetarian menu was actually rather limited.
Me: It was bogus. Last night we watched Bottle Rockets, as I'm sure you recall. I loved it. My favorite part was when Luke Wilson decided to be a thief with Owen.
Ros: Gee, Mom, TOTALLY don't remember that! "Sure you'll recall" indeed. But yeah, I liked the part where Mr. Henry keeps dumping water on their heads from the top of a building.
Me: And that reminds me of the scene in Unscripted when Godard spills water down the back of that guy who imitated him. Godard is usually uptight so i was surprised that he was enjoying something.
Ros: Yeah, I think that guy's name is Nick. That was a cool scene. But Godard sucks.
Me: He's on the twisted side. No one seems too fulfilled on that show, so I wonder if they paint too negative a picture of the world of the struggling actor.
Ros: I don't think struggling anything is too fun. If I were an actor and I knew I wasn't going to be a huge star, I would come to Minneapolis and work at Children's Theatre. All my teachers seem to really like their jobs.
Me, the mom: But when would you know that? How long should you put in before bailing? I think the Children's Theater is amazing here. But what about Wes Anderson? When will he make another movie?
Ros: Oh, my god. Calm down! One question at a time, thanks! Anyway, it's hard to say when I would know, because I already pretty much know I'm not going to be a famous actor or even try to be. I hope Wes Anderson's next movie is about girls. All of his other movies are about boys.
Me: True. But Cate Blanchett had a fairly significant role. I need to sleep now.
Ros: Ok, goodnight. I think I will talk online for a bit. If anyone is on, I will tell them to check out this nifty nighttime negotiation! -Ros.
Me: Yay. I need comments. But let's add a few links first. -M.

Comments

Popular Posts