Don't Think of An Elephant

I'm reading Lakoff's book about how conservatives have "framed the issues" of the political
debate, having strategically worked on their agenda for the past 40 years. I feel our side is hopelessly behind.
Today I did not get much done because Quinn was home from school sick and my sacred routine was disrupted. Spent too much time reading blogs. But I did finish Thandeka's book Learning to Be White. A good read about the links between racism and classism. Another recommendation.
Quinn is almost done reading Taggarung and now he must create a book poster. Rosalyn has to make a mousetrap car and conduct physics experiments with it. This weekend sounds like homework weekend to me. I have a bad attitude about this. I wish I could see the gates in Central Park instead.

Comments

Popular Posts