Girl Culture

Last weekend we went to see this exhibit of Lauren Greenfield's photographs.
It's called Girl Culture. (Click on photo essay.) Quinn called the photos, "a bit depressing" and we all had to agree. But we've been talking about the show all week so there is a power to them that has kept the conversation going. Check it out.

Another Minneapolis field trip today brought us to Lake Tamarack. We saw 10 deer poking along grazing. But I was looking for otters and bald eagles, since we were in Bald Eagle-Otter Lakes Regional Park. Maybe next time.

Comments

LH said…
I'm thinking about buying her book. She's an amazing photographer. She has another book about "living in the shadow of hollywood" that would be a terrific resource too.
She's coming here to speak. I hope I can get my act together to get tickets. I've been in hibernating mode during the week.
Anonymous said…
Now that I see this, I remember the hoopla from when the magazine came out -- it kind of highlighted what's wrong with Edina on the national scene...

I do want to go to the show.

KC

Popular Posts