The Break

Tiny House Model
All our spring break flights have been canceled.  By us. No beach trip again this year, but we will get to hang out with Dear Old Dad at 90 Cab.  We're driving down there so we'll have social distancing as we travel.

I have some goals for the week:

Walk every day.
Make bread with the unused dutch oven.
Watch movies.
Write in my notebook.

When I get back to B-Town, I'll be working remotely for a week or more.  I wonder how that's going to work.

I'll think about it later.

Right now, it's time for an epic road trip and some long talks with my all time favorite nonagenarian. I'll have to remind Dad to keep six to seven feet away from me at all times, so that we can slow down this darn pandemic and get it under control.  Dad's usually sitting and sleeping in his recliner, so it will probably be up to me to maintain our distinct body borders. I've got this.

Coronavirus, you're not getting near my dad. Not now.  Not ever.

Comments

Julie said…
Day one of working from home while husband simultaneously works from home. Let's just say, it's easier when it's just me working from home. Or put another way, I may have to kill him. Why must he wear shoes as he clomps around the house? Why must we run vinegar through the coffee maker to clean it during this time? I've never once run vinegar through any coffee maker I've ever owned. Why now?
LH said…
Exactly. Why now???

I wonder if we'll all have to shelter in place soon?
mm said…
I hope you were able to make your road trip.

Popular Posts