The Notes

We left the Southland one day early.  The entire time we were at 90Cab, I had this horrible feeling that I was killing my dad with the coronavirus.  When I told Dad about my anxieties, he replied, "Look Babe, how long am I going to be around anyway?" That's when I started crying. Note to self:  Don't visit nonagenarians when there's a pandemic going around, no matter how much you love them.

Now we're home and at 3 am #1 Son arrived with his partner in crime, Rachel (R).  They brought June, R's Clumber Spaniel and He-Man, her cool cat.  We're hunkering down together!  Note to self:  No hugging for awhile.  Keep your distance at all times, no matter how much you love these people.

Yesterday, in anticipation of their visit, I decided to clean the refrigerator.  It took a way long time.  Note to Self: Clean your fridge on a regular schedule, no matter how much you love ignoring household chores.

On a good note, KC told me about the most wonderful podcast called Anthropocene Reviewed with John Green.  I think you should listen if you feel like it. Note to self:  Embrace daily creative distractions in this time of pandemonium, no matter how worried you are about the digital teaching you will be required to create next week.

Comments

mm said…
I"m glad you made the trip!!
cb said…
This photo is lovely and this post is so good -- it captures the present moment. xo

Popular Posts