The Crackatoa


I worked on putting lessons on line today. I keep finding little mistakes here and there.  I could go back in and edit today's work, but I'm trying to set limits on my workaholic tendencies.

Today I started to crack a bit, worrying about the world and all the people in it.

Did you know that past pandemics have lasted 1 year to 18 months?

I read an article in the NYT about staying sane in tough times.  The author said that we should do 3 things.

First, set a daily goal you can accomplish.  I made 2 goals and met both of them.  Sweeping and swiffering the entire main floor of the house.  Check.  Creating 2 online math lessons that don't suck?  Check, I think.

Second, Find some joy in your day.  I took a walk and saw daffodils and forsythia.  And now here I am blogging.

Third, connect with peeps.  I've done a bit of texting, a bit of phone calling.  And here I am blogging as well.

So I'm sane today.  For now. Still have a few hours left to this day.

Comments

mm said…
I think I'm doing OK following the three steps. I just finished a help sheet for next week's five paragraph essay. I will send a checklist, a help sheet, and a presentation out Sunday night to ready them for the first day of online learning on Monday.
jdoc said…
These are great tips. We've been following these guidelines:

Every day:
Something for our brains
Something for our bodies
Something for our happiness
Something for someone else
Something to connect with family and friends

Probably having just three is better. The last two probably go with the happiness goal.
KC said…
I need to improve a little on this front. I'm actually getting stuff done, but everything feels weird.
LH said…
I'm doing all school all the time, which seems weird since we're not even in school.

So I need to rethink this whole thing.

But maybe I don't. Maybe we'll just be back in school next week.

Popular Posts