Action and Adventure in August: Hot Air Ballooning

 Remember awhile ago when I blogged that I didn't go up in a hot air balloon this summer?   Well, come to find out, I just went up in one yesterday.

Husbandman and I went to Connor Prairie and they have a hot air balloon.  For 17 dollars you can soar into the sky for 15 minutes.

Connor Prairie is amazing.  Lots of history, hot air ballooning, and pigs, goats, sheep for the asking.
I texted both 20 Something and #1 Son to apologize for never taking them to this Hoosier Landmark.  20 Something went with her class in second grade, but I think it's a Hoosier parent's responsibility to make sure their kid prances on the prairie at least once with their family unit.  Neither kid seemed too broken up about it, but it's still chapping my hide that I didn't take advantage of this opportunity when they were young and soaking up the knowledge. When it comes right down to it, I've got to remember that I did my best and now I have to forget the rest.  Easier said than done of course.

After the prairie, we went to see the movie YESTERDAY.  I loved it and truly believe you should see it if you want to.



Comments

mm said…
Air ballooning is certainly on my "bucket list."
You took us to spring mill all the time which is basically the same thing!
KC said…
Did you really do this, or is it like the moose?
Julie said…
I didn't take my kids either. They did go with the school class. I took them to Spring Mill many times. Connor Prairie seemed far away and...hot. I guess I should feel guilty about this, but they didn't even seem to enjoy it that much on the school trip.
jdoc said…
I'm really enjoying the photos on your blog. They're great.
LH said…
I'll get into the challenge soon, I promise. Today is the first day of school. Here come the Thirdlanders.

Is that kind of like an adventure???
Julie said…
You're doing your best, so forget the rest my friend.
jdoc said…
It's the ultimate adventure.

Popular Posts