Action and Adventure in August #14: La Mujer

Yesterday, I was teaching away, really putting my heart into it, when a woman entered the classroom.  I had never seen her before in my life.  She started speaking in a foreign tongue, making remarks like "Hola Clase," and "Buenos Dias."

The Thirdlanders were going along with it, keeping her calm, responding with tentative "Holas" or "Graciases." They glanced over toward me with seemingly "For the Love of Pete Do Something" looks.

I walked out of the room in search of help.   I ended up using the copier, which was another grand adventure I won't go in to here.

I found a friend and told her about the crazy situation with the immigrant.  My pal reminded me that the woman was our beloved Spanish teacher and nothing was amiss.

I gathered my wits about me and returned to Room 200.  As Maestra wrapped up her lesson, I took over the class.  Everything turned out okay.


Comments

mm said…
Maybe those exercises that were good for your brain would have came in handy at the start of the day.

Popular Posts