Action and Adventure in August #6: The Octopus on the Face

You probably heard already about the gal who put an octopus on her face in order to take a photograph which she hoped would win a prize in a famous contest.

Come to find out, she got bitten several times by the octopus and ended up hospitalized with a quite nasty infection.

I admire this gal and talked about her adventure with some Thirdlanders at recess today.  I even showed them the famous photo.  The three girls were unimpressed and made remarks like,

"That wasn't a good idea."
"Everyone makes mistakes sometimes."
"Some people eat octopus. I've heard of that."

I felt they were missing the whole point of the adventure. Putting an octopus on your face in pursuit of artistic excellence is a cool, yet risky, thing to do.

Comments

Julie said…
I'm sort of with the thirdlander who thought it wasn't a good idea. Unless it was a contest to win a whole lot of money, like 100K or more, then I guess I might've done it. I consider myself adventurous, but not in a dangerous sort of way.
mm said…
I wish I wouldn't have opened the meat, lung photo. Some artistic expression like that or an octopus to the face is too much.
Judy said…
I didn't even know that an Octopus could inject poison...I mean, really?!
jw
KC said…
Just no to octopus face. Sorry. Everyone has limits.
kstreib said…
I had to look up the octopus on the face picture. Poor octopus.

Popular Posts