The SAVING



So, today is my day for a 5 hour CPR class.  My teaching license has expired and I must revive it if I want to continue educating our nation's youth, which I do. Part of being professionally developed is knowing how to save lives, so I accept that I must now leave my coffee cup and head to the YMCA.   And yet, I wonder why it takes 5 hours to teach CPR?   A few squeezes to the diaphragm.  A few pounds to the chest.  I could probably get this done in 30 to 50 minutes.

I actually saved 20Something's life once, using my CPR skills.  She was choking on an apple.  Maybe if I mention that to the instructor today, she'll realize that she can proceed at a faster pace.

I am sad to be losing 5 hours of my weekend to CPR training, but I'm also excited to hone my life saving skills.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I love The Wild Rumpus. I think they used to have a chicken or two there.
jw
Mary M. said…
I think it's a great idea to have CPR training for relicensure. We con't have that in MN.

Popular Posts