The Club


Heading to my newish book club this evening.  I have mixed feelings about In Other Rooms, Other Wonders.  I don't like short stories, but I was glad for the push to read these since I haven't read any for about a decade.  I didn't like the harshness of these stories, but  I don't have to like everything.  The stories are beautifully written and the reading zips along which is nice, but overall----kind of a downer.   Maybe the bookers will turn me around and help me see the good parts.  I love the title, so that's something.  If you want to read this book, you probably should.  I bought it for Brother In Law for his birthday, and I suspect that others would like it more than I did.  If you want to read it, go ahead.  Let me know what you think if you do.

Comments

Anonymous said…
V. Upset that you are not tweeting the B. Can't believe we didn't chat about this today, and now you'll be gone for next week's episode!!
N
I agree about the Bachelorette-- it was a good episode too!
-MG
LH said…
DAMN IT!
Book club actually ended up being quite fun, but still. I really wanted to watch Bachelorette! DAMN, I say again.
kc said…
This ep of the Bach was. AWESOME.

Sad you missed it. We went back to watching late.

Popular Posts