The Turtle



FYI:  I saw a guy carrying a bucket down to Lake Griffey.  And he tipped it over.  And a turtle ran (quickly) out of the bucket and down to the lake.  Wonder how the guy caught that turtle in the first place.
That's about the level of excitement in my life right now, but that's okay.  I don't need excitement 24/7.  Today I meant to do some important work, but instead fell asleep while watching What Not to Wear.  That show freaks me out because I know I don't know what to wear.  Anyway, 20 something daughter has a cool, albeit unpaid, internship for the Kinsey Institute.  She blogs and tweets about stuff.  20 Something Daughter has the job I WANT!!!!!  Except I want to get paid.

Comments

I feel like maybe we shouldn't have played up the "unpaid" thing quite as much as we did. I feel like "unpaid internship" is my version of "slogging". That being said, it would be nice to get paid.
LH said…
Hey Thanks for commenting little sheba. But I always feel weird to say you got an internship without the unpaid part. But why is that? The point is, i love what you're doing and wish I could do it too. Put in a good word for me at the end of the summer?
KC said…
Kinsey! What a cool resume point! Way to go, @dailyros
cb said…
Love the turtle story and your observations. The Kinsey internship is very cool but so is @dailyros. And congratulations to #1! You guys are rocking summer. Let's have cocktails together soon. Somehow. xoxo cb
LH said…
KC, I do think she was smart to take this internship this summer. She gets to research and write about cool things.

CB, thanks for stopping by woman. Yes, cocktails. One of my goals this summer is to learn to make different kinds of cocktails. So. Somehow. xoxo

Popular Posts