BlogCh #16 Podcast Book Review


I made a podcast about Patti Smith's book, Just Kids, but I guess it's too big to upload to my other
podcasting blog.  Please advise, participatory culture members!

Also, you may be wondering, why has leeway skipped Blog Challenge 15?  Well, come to find out, I had two 11's!  Rather than go back and edit titles, I'm just skipping 15.  Fair?  Fair!

I've been checking out a LOT of Mapplethorpe's photography since I finished Just Kids.  Frank Rich has a great piece today about the Smithsonian's oppressive censorship of a film by David Wojnarowicz, an artist who was killed by AIDS in 1992.  Rich writes a bit about Mapplethorpe in his piece about artists and AIDS and censorship and societal cruelty and neglect.  My brother Glenn died of AIDS in 1988.  Patti's book brought back memories of what a hard death AIDS is and made me feel again our terrible loss of friendship, creativity, kindness, love and fun that was Glenn Timothy Heffernan.

I wish I could play you the podcast because I actually purchased, imported and edited two Smith songs and they could really get you pumped up.

POSTED HOURS LATER:  Here's the podcast peeps, over at my new tumblr:

I talk about having a lucky day today in this podcast and we ended up having a very lucky event happen.  #1 son
had a bad car accident with the miniature van, but he is NOT HURT and neither is anyone else.
Stars aligning, angels calling.  (You'll know what I mean when you hear the cast).

Comments

mm said…
Definitely fair!! I hope to download this book soon. Currently I have too many on the "have to read for book clubs" list.

Bummer about the podcast... I'm sure it was smashing.
kc said…
If you want, we can upload your podcast to www.wordsavvy.biz...

I have an iWeb site there.

OR, you can put it on iTunes!! I want to hear that podcast!!
Anonymous said…
Loved the podcast. Pumping (Radio Ethopia) is my favorite Patti Smith song, for the sheer OMG, I must dance right now energy of it.

mem in CA

Glad to hear #1 is OK.
Anonymous said…
Thanks God!!!
jw
Julie Anna said…
SO happy to hear Q was not hurt. I really like the animoto and the pummelvision. Might have to do one of those myself.
cb said…
So happy to hear that #1 is okay. How scary. The stars and angels will allow no more scary incidents.

Your podcast sounds so good. Reading Just Kids felt like entering a separate world each time I picked it up. To delay reaching the end of the book, I re-read many parts of it as I went along.

Love to you and to angel Glenn.
cb
kc said…
I have finally listened to the podcast. I loved it, of course.

I don't know much about Patti Smith, but the book sounds great.

Should we all get Tumblrs or what??
LH said…
MM, did you hear the podcast yet??? I'm very amazed by you on the blogging challenge!

KC, the tumblrs look pretty good. Yeah, we should all get 'em.

MEM and CmnB, Miss you two so much. Rosalyn Glenn is coming home tomorrow! For a MONTH! "You know she got big, well she's gonna get bigger!"

J and J, Let's have fun on vacation together. Fireplace chats????
dw said…
Relieved about Q. Sad for the miniature van. I can't imagine what we would do without ours. Perhaps now is the time for you to switch to the Vespa?
Anonymous said…
SF apt. is now ready to host visitors. Well, if you're OK with sitting in camping chairs. Come on out kids. See facebook photo to be posted in a few minutes...

mem in CA

Popular Posts